Publications | Dipanjan Roy
Preprint publications from the lab which is currently submitted/peer review
A list of all of the lab’s pre-print publications posted to bioRxiv can be retrieved from here
Note that not all of these will appear in peer review with the same titles as found there, as often even the title of a paper can change as a consequence of the peer-review process.
1. Characterizing Variability of Audiovisual Speech Perception Based on Periodic and Aperiodic Features of Prestimulus Brain Activity Vinsea A V Singh, Vinodh G Kumar, Arpan Banerjee, Dipanjan Roy https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.01.20.477172v1
2. Identifying optimal working points of individual Virtual Brains: A large-scale brain network modelling Paul Triebkorn, Joelle Zimmermann, Leon Stefanovski, Dipanjan Roy, Ana Solodkin,Viktor Jirsa, Gustavo Deco, Michael Breakspear, Randal McIntosh, Petra Ritter DOI: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.03.26.009795 (Under revision)
†: Corresponding author, **: Reviews/Opinion/Perspective/Commentary #: Joint Authorship
- Altered global modular organization of intrinsic functional connectivity in autism arises from atypical node-level processing Priyanka Sigar, Lucina Q. Uddin, Dipanjan Roy (accepted in Autism Research )
- Emotion dynamics as hierarchical Bayseian Inference in time Gargi Majumdar, Fahd Yazin, Arpan Banerjee, Dipanjan Roy, Cerebral Cortex, bhac305, https://doi.org/10.1093/cercor/bhac305 (accepted in Cerebral Cortex)
- Whole Brain network models: From Physics to Bedside Anagh Pathak, Dipanjan Roy, Arpan Banerjee Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience (2022) DOI: 10.3389/fncom.2022.866517
- Characterization of dynamic organization in healthy aging Arpita Dash, P.K.Vinod, Dipanjan Roy, Bapi Raju Surampudi International Joint coneference in Neural Networks (IJCNN) at IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (accepted).
- Nair, Indrajith R., Guncha Bhasin, and Dipanjan Roy. “Hippocampus Maintains a Coherent Map Under Reward Feature–Landmark Cue Conflict” Frontiers in Neural Circuits (2022): 31.
- Pathak, Anagh, Vivek Sharma, Dipanjan Roy, and Arpan Banerjee. “Biophysical mechanism underlying compensatory preservation of neural synchrony over the adult lifespan.” Communications Biology 5, no. 1 (2022): 1-12.
- Sastry, N. C., Roy Dipanjan, & Banerjee, A. Stability of sensorimotor network sculpts the dynamic repertoire of resting state over lifespan Cerebral Cortex (Accepted)
- Thuwal, Kusum, Arpan Banerjee, and Dipanjan Roy. “Aperiodic and periodic components of ongoing oscillatory brain dynamics link distinct functional aspects of cognition across adult lifespan.” Eneuro 8, no. 5 (2021).
- Contextual Prediction Errors Reorganize Episodic Memories in Time. Fahd Yazin, Moumita Das, Arpan Banerjee, and Dipanjan Roy† Scientific Reports 2021 Jun 11;11(1):12364. doi: 10.1038/s41598-021-90990-1
- Multi-scale dynamic mean field model (MDMF) relates resting-state brain dynamics with local cortical excitatory-inhibitory neurotransmitter homeostasis Amit Naskar, Anirudh Vattikonda, Gustavo Deco, Dipanjan Roy, Arpan Banerjee Network Neuroscience, 1-55 2021
- Organization of directed functional connectivity among nodes of ventral attention network reveals the common network mechanisms underlying saliency processing across distinct spatial and spatio-temporal scales. Ghosh, P., Roy, D., & Banerjee, A. (2021) NeuroImage, 231, 117869. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2019.12.25.888446
- Psychophysical data to study the brain network mechanisms involved in reorienting attention to salient events during goal directed visual discrimination and search tasks Ghosh, P., Roy, D., & Banerjee, A. Data in Brief 36, 107020 (2021)
- Atypical core-periphery brain dynamics in autism: Implications for symptom severity Dipanjan Roy† and Lucina Q. Uddin Network Neuroscience page 1-27 2021
- Reconfiguration of directed functional connectivity among neurocognitive networks with ageing: Considering the role of thalamo-cortical interactions Moumita Das, Vanshika Singh, Lucina Q. Uddin, Arpan Banerjee, Dipanjan Roy† Cerebral Cortex (2021) Cerebral Cortex 31 (4), 1970-1986
- Biophysical mechanisms governing large-scale brain network dynamics underlying individual-specific variability of perception European Journal of Neuroscience 52 (7), 3746-3762(2020)
- Sahoo B, Pathak A, Deco G, Banerjee A, Roy D. Lifespan associated changes in global patterns of coherent communication Neuroimage 216, 116824(2020)
- Arup Kumar Pal, Dipanjan Roy, G. Vinodh Kumar, Bipra Chatterjee, L. N. Sharma, Arpan Banerjee, and C.N. Gupta “Empirical Mode Decomposition Algorithms for Classification of Single-Channel EEG Manifesting McGurk Effect.” International Conference Series on Intelligent Human-Computer Interaction 2020 Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020 U. S. Tiwary and S. Chaudhury (Eds.): IHCI 2019, LNCS 11886, pp. 49–60, 2020 March. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-44689-5_5
- Large-scale functional integration, rather than functional dissociation along dorsal and ventral streams, underlies visual perception and action Dipanjan Ray, Neelambari Hazare, Dipanjan Roy, Arpan Banerjee Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, 1-15 (2020)Ray_et_al._JCON
- “Atypical flexibility in dynamic functional connectivity quantifies the severity in autism spectrum disorder” Harlalka, V., Bapi, R. S., Vinod, P. K., & Roy, D. DOI: 10.3389/fnhum.2019.00006 (2019) Vatika_et_al._Autism_Front_Hum_Neurosci
- Dutta, Shrey, Dipanjan Roy, and Arpan Banerjee. “Generative framework for dimensionality reduction of large scale network of non-linear dynamical systems driven by external input.” New Journal of Physics (2019), , .
- Resting-State Dynamics Meets Anatomical Structure: Temporal Multiple Kernel Learning (tMKL) Model Govinda Surampudi, Joyneel Mishra, Bapi Raju Surampudi, Gustavo Deco, Avinash Sharma, and Dipanjan Roy Neuroimage Volume 184, 1 January 2019, Pages 609-620 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2018.09.054. Surampudi_et_al_2019_Neuroimage
- Age, disease and their interaction effects on the intrinsic connectivity of children and adolescents in Autism Spectrum Disorder using functional connectomics Vatika Harlalka et al. Brain Connectivity http://doi.org/10.1089/brain.2018.0616 Published in Volume: 8 Issue 7: September 17, 2018, Online Ahead of Print: August 29, 2018 Harlalka_et_al_2018_BrainConnectivity
- Integrative network analysis reveals the cell-type-specific changes in the hippocampus of young, aging and Alzheimer’s disease Vinay Lanke, S.T.R. Moolamalla, Dipanjan Roy and P.K.Vinod Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience DOI: 10.3389/fnagi.2018.00153 Lanke_2018_Front_Aging_Neuro
- Multiple Kernel Learning Model for Relating Structural and Functional Connectivity in the Brain Govinda Surampudi, Shruti Naik, Bapi Raju Surampudi, Viktor K.Jirsa, Avinash Sharma, and Dipanjan Roy Scientific reports 8.1 (2018): 3265. 2018_Surampudi_et_al_SciRep
- Distinct Neurobehavioral Mechanisms for Expectancy Violation and Value Updating
- Segregation and Integration of cortical information processing underlying cross-modal perception Vinodh G.Kumar, Neeraj Kumar, Dipanjan Roy, Arpan Banerjee Multisensory Research (2017) DOI:10.1163/22134808-0000257
- The neural substrate of group mental health: Insights from a multi-brain reference frame in functional neuroimaging Front. Psychol. 2017, Dipanjan Ray, Dipanjan Roy, Brahmdeep Sindhu, Pratap Sharan and Arpan Banerjee
- Metastability in Senescence Trends in Cognitive Sciences 2017 Shruti Naik, Bapi S.Raju, Arpan Banerjee, Gustavo Deco, Dipanjan Roy Trends Cogn Sci. 2017 May 9. pii: S1364-6613(17)30079-7. DOI: 10.1016/j.tics.2017.04.007
- Metastability of Cortical BOLD Signals in Maturation and Senescence IEEE Xplore conference proceedings IJCNN 2017 Shruti Naik, Subbareddy Oota, Arpan Banerjee, DipanjanRoy, Bapi S.Raju DOI: 10.1109/IJCNN.2017.7966435Publisher: IEEE Electronic ISSN: 2161-4407
- Combining Multiscale Diffusion Kernels for Learning the Structural and Functional Brain Connectivity
- Large-scale functional brain networks underlying temporal integration of audio-visual speech perception: An EEG study G. Vinodh Kumar, Tamesh Halder, Amit K. Jaiswal, Abhishek Mukherjee, Dipanjan Roy, and Arpan Banerjee Front. Psychol.|doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2016.01558
- Does the regulation of local excitation-inhibition balance aid in recovery of functional connectivity? A computational account Anirudh Vattikonda, Bapi Raju, Arpan Banerjee, Gustavo Deco, Dipanjan Roy Neuroimage. 2016 Aug 1;136:57-67. DOI:10.1016/j.neuroimage.2016.05.002. Epub 2016 May 10
- Neurophysiological Investigation of Context Modulation based on Musical Stimulus Siddharth Mehrotra · Anuj Shukla · Dipanjan Roy July 2016 conference proceedings International conference in Music perception and Cognition ICMPC14, July 5–9, 2016, San Francisco, USA.
- Promises and pitfalls of relating alteration of white matter pathways causing improvement in Cognitive performance Cognitive Neuroscience Dipanjan Roy & V. S. Chandrasekhar Pammi (DOI: 10.1080/17588928.2016.1205577) July 2016 Cognitive Neuroscience
- Near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) – electroencephalography (EEG) based brain-state dependent electrotherapy (BSDE) to facilitate post-stroke neurorehabilitation: inhibition–excitation balance hypothesis Snigdha Dagar, Bapi Raju, Subhajit Raychoudhury, Anirban Dutta, Dipanjan Roy Front. Neurol. 7:123. DOI:10.3389/fneur.2016.00123
- Inferring network properties of cortical neurons with synaptic coupling and parameter dispersion D Roy, V Jirsa – Neural Masses and Fields: Modeling the Dynamics of …, Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience 2015 Edited by Karl Friston
- Dipanjan Roy, Rodrigo Sigala, Michael Breakspear, Anthony Randal McIntosh, Viktor K. Jirsa, Gustavo Deco, Petra Ritter. Using the Virtual Brain to Reveal the Role of Oscillations and Plasticity in Shaping Brain’s Dynamical Landscape. Brain Connectivity Journal 01 oct 201 dx.doi.org/10.1089/brain.2014.0252. BC_2014
- The role of alpha-rhythm states in perceptual learning: insights from experiments and computational models (Rodrigo Sigala, Sebastian Haufe, Dipanjan Roy, Hubert R. Dinse, Petra Ritter) Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience 2014 March Front. Comput. Neurosci. | doi:10.3389/fncom.2014.00036 Perceptual_learning_2014
- Dipanjan Roy, Viktor K Jirsa Influence of network timescale on network dynamics with fast synapses and parameter dispersion for a mean field model composed of bursting units. Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience 2013 March Front. Comput. Neurosci. 7:20. doi:10.3389/fncom.2013.00020. BurstingNetwork_2013
- Konstantin Mergenthaler*, Dipanjan Roy*, Jeremy Petravicz, Mriganka Sur and Klaus Obermayer BMC Neuroscience 2013, 14(Suppl 1): P298 doi:10.1186/1471-2202-14-S1-P298 * equal contributions.
- Afferent specificity, feature-specific connectivity influence orientation selectivity: A computational study in mouse primary visual cortex. (Dipanjan Roy, Yenni Tjandra, Konstantin Mergenthaler, JeremyPetravicz, Caroline A. Runyan, Nathan R. Wilson, Mriganka Sur, Klaus Obermayer) http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/bib_query?arXiv:1301.0996 2013 Feb ArXiv preprint.
- Changes in V1 orientation tuning when blocking astrocytic glutamate transporters: models for extra- and Intra synaptic mechanisms. Konstantin Mergenthaler*, Dipanjan Roy*, Jeremy Petravicz, Mriganka Sur and Klaus Obermayer BMC Neuroscience 2013, 14(Suppl 1): P298 doi:10.1186/1471-2202-14-S1-P298 * equal contribution
- Brain state-dependent post-inhibitory rebound in entorhinal cortex interneurons. (Mohit H. Adhikari, Dipanjan Roy, Pascale P. Quilchini, Viktor K. Jirsa, Christophe Bernard) Journal of Neuroscience 2012 May 9;32(19):6501-10.
- Phase description of Neural oscillators with global electric and synaptic coupling. (Dipanjan Roy, Anandamohan Ghosh, and Viktor K Jirsa). Phys. Rev. E 83, 051909 (2011)
- A simple model for bursting dynamics. (Anandamohan Ghosh, Dipanjan Roy, and Viktor K.Jirsa) Phys. Rev. E 80, 041930 (2009).
Large-scale data analysis and nonlinear dynamics publications
The great oxidation of Earth’s atmosphere. (complex systems) Dipanjan Roy, Z.E.Musielak, and M.Cuntz (2010). Proceedings of the International Astronomical Union (2010), 5: 680-681.
Search for supersymmetry using final states with one lepton, jets, and missing transverse momentum with the ATLAS detector in √s=7 TeV pp collisions. Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 131802 (2011) © 2011 CERN, for the ATLAS Collaboration.
Charged-particle multiplicities in pp interactions at √s=900 GeV measured with the ATLAS detector at the LHC Physics Letters B, 688 (1). pp. 21-42. ISSN 0370-2693.© 2010 CERN, for the ATLAS Collaboration.
The great oxidation of Earth’s Atmosphere: Contesting the Yoyo model via transition stability analysis (M.Cuntz, Dipanjan Roy and Z.E.Musielak) Astrophys. J. Lett., 706, L178-L182.
Method to derive Lagrangian and Hamiltonian for a nonlinear dynamical system with variable coefficients. (Z.E.Musielak, Dipanjan Roy and L.D.Swift) Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Volume 38, Issue 3, November 2008, Pages 894-902.
Standard and nonstandard Lagrangians for dissipative dynamical systems with variable coefficients (Z.E.Musielak and Dipanjan Roy) J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 41 055205 (2007).
Generalized Lorenz models and their routes to chaos. III. Energy-conserving horizontal and vertical mode truncations. ( Dipanjan Roy and Z.Musielak) Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Volume 33, Issue 3, August 2007, Pages 1064 -1070.
Generalized Lorenz models and their routes to chaos. I. Energy-conserving vertical mode truncations. (Dipanjan Roy and Z.E.Musielak) Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Volume 32, Issue 3, May 2007, Pages 1038-1052.
Generalized Lorenz models and their routes to chaos. II. Energy-conserving horizontal mode truncations. (Dipanjan Roy and Z.E.Musielak) Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Volume 31, Issue 3, February 2007, Pages 747-756.